Influence, Inspire, Lead.
Nomination opens for the largest gathering of influential women of colour from around the globe. The prestigious award is open to all women 18 and above, impacting lives around them. You can be nominated, or nominate yourself.
Now a 2 day festival, Divas of Colour festival will kicking off with fashion show casing outstanding world class designers, and trade exhibition from high quality reputable brands targeted to women and few VIP designers opening their showroom for media influencers, bloggers and buyers on the first day, following on for the second day with conference focusing on mental health issues tagged #MindYourMind and to conclude later on the day with award dinner recognising the contributions, talent and the best of women of colour.
This year marking our 5th year, 50 outstanding women will be recognised for their excellence, contributions and consistent drive to uphold the dignity of women of Colour dignity, for lifting other women up and for shinning light on the world around them.
Time to Celebrate the hard working women in our lives. Be part of something good. Encourage someone by putting them forward today. If you have a friend, sister, mother, aunty, colleague, leader, or even someone you admire who deserves to be recognised. Put them forward now!
NOTE: Before you nominate a person, make sure they are able and available to attend the award ceremony in March 2018.
1.Lifetime Achiever – A woman who is over 60 and above who has contributed immensely in her career, community or elsewhere. Evidence must be speaking for it’s self.
2. Women of Honour – (Women leaders who have had a long term contribution in building people’s lives. Whether it’s family, community, profession, politics or in the public sector . These are top women influencers who are highly reputable)
3. Inspirational Woman – Women doing charitable or Not for profit works in empowering women and girls.
4. International Woman – Women who have international engagements with International organizations, those whose careers, businesses or works take them around the world.
5. Entrepreneur of the year – Women who have succeeded in building their own businesses. Must have been in business for up to 5 years.
6. Author of the year – Women who have had their works published in the last one year till date. – We will have to see evidence of positive reviews, rating and excerpt.
7. Creative of the year – Could be – Singers, performers and entertainers.
8. Media Personality – TV, Radio presenters, Magazine or Newspaper editor, or writer, Broadcaster, etc. Evidence of consistent published work is crucial for decision making.
9. Make-up Artist – Professional make-up artists. Evidence of projects, published works and positive reviews are added boost to your rating
10. Young Achiever – Young women between 18 and 20 who have achieved in business, academics, community service, charitable giving or volunteer work.
11. Influencer – These are opinion drivers, movers and people who are challenging the status quo, influencing change in careers, public and social media, community, politics, etc. They can be said to have more visibility and their voices are often heard more than others.
12. Brand – A brand must be a registered exhibitor to be nominated. To nominate your brand, make sure you have registered for exhibition first. Brands are judged on the trade exhibition day and are scored based on 3 elements – Branding and packaging, Presentation and reviews. All exhibiting brands automatically qualify as a nominee. Click here to register
13. Fashion designer – Only showcasing designers are eligible to enter for this category. Our panellists will select the winners of this category. Click here to register
14. Model of the year : Is chosen from the models on the catwalk who are judged by selected panel to score their creativity, poise and ability to sell a brand with their presence, carriage and confidence. All models on our walk are automatically nominated .
Nomination is open to the public.
Finalist selection is by panel of judges of a maximum of 4 nominees per category . Finalists are notified and are asked to submit further information, image and video presentation for their promotions. Nominees are encouraged to engage with us on social media using #Divasofcolour2018 and @Divasofcolour
Winners are announced at the awards Dinner. You may book your tickets now to avoid disappointments.
How to nominate
Before you nominate a person, we suggest you discuss it with them so you can have enough details to back up your nomination for them. Decide which categories give them best chance. Then, fill out the form pointing out 5 major reasons you think they deserve the category you’ve nominated them. Your details and that of your nominee is necessary for us to contact them and keep you updated on your ward’s nomination status.
If you have any questions or concerns about your nomination, please contact us on – firstname.lastname@example.org or send us a tweet – @DivasofColour. Or Find us on Facebook to let us know what you’re concern or question is. Our team are friendly and always on hand to help. Please do not call on phone for nominations.